Allergy Care and Treatment for Greenville SC Pets

Greenville Veterinary Allergy Care Photo

Our pets can be affected by skin, food, or environmental allergies. All of these allergies can have a negative effect on the health, comfort, and life of your pet.

Pets that suffer from allergies may exhibit any of the following symptoms:

  • Itchy skin or ears
  • Flaky skin
  • Raw areas or open sores
  • Runny or irritated eyes
  • Difficulty breathing or nasal discharge

Treating Allergies in Pets

It can be difficult to diagnose your pet’s allergies. That’s why Cleveland Park Animal Hospital has staff with significant experience in diagnosing skin conditions and other allergy issues.

Once we have determined what is causing your pet’s allergic reaction, we can take the appropriate steps to treat the allergy. Here are some examples:

Food
Food allergies can be addressed by switching to a prescription diet that does not contain the allergen.
Skin
Some skin allergies respond well to medication and others can be treated via immunotherapy, which diminishes the effect of the allergen on your pet over time.

Flea Allergies

Many pets suffer from an allergy to flea bites. These bites can become infected and significantly impact the health and comfort of your pet. Even if you don’t see fleas on your pet, it only takes one bite from a flea to cause an inflammation response. So, treatment aimed at prevention is the best medicine.

Did you know you can only see 5% of the total flea population on your pet? The other 95% are in the environment of your house. To properly remove 100% of the fleas in your environment, you must destroy all life stages of the fleas, which takes 3 months to complete.


Our staff can help you decide which preventive would best protect your pet regardless of their environment. Call us today to schedule an appointment with us.

“ Clients for 40 years and feel our pets and livestock are always in the best hands possible when CPAH has them. ”

“ I really like checking out in the exam room. It makes checking out much easier. ”

“ Love taking care of the bill while still in the exam rooms! Great idea! ”

“ Your office is, of all the vets I have ever been to, the nicest looking and best kept. It creates an atmosphere that makes me feel at ease having my pets cared for in your facility. ”

“ The care that my pets have received has been exemplary. I have never left with a question unanswered or a concern not addressed. Follow-up care, when needed, has also been phenomenal. ”

“ I couldn’t be happier with how I and my pets have been treated. I recommend this practice to anyone I know who has pets. ”

“ Always awesome visits. The staff is really great. They call you by name when you walk in the door and that’s excellent customer service. Love all the vets too! ”

“ We appreciated that the staff asked permission before taking lab work, very thoughtful! ”

“ This was our first visit and we were so appreciative of the open office hours on Saturday. I have had various animals at different vets around the upstate and this was by far the most pleasant experience. ”

“ The receptionist was fabulous! She made us (and our pet) feel very much at home! ”

“ This was the best experience I’ve ever had with a vet office; I’m recommending this office to friends and family. We’ll be returning with all of our animals from now on! ”

“ I would rather take my dogs to you than my family members to their doctors. You care. It is important for me to know my dogs are in the best place. Thank you. ”

“ I found the practice decor very warm and inviting. There was no “vet” smell and no strong air freshener that is sometimes offensive at other offices I’ve visited. ”

“ You are all so amazing! I’ve been very impressed with the friendliness of everyone on staff. My dog loves coming to the vet because of all the attention she gets while we’re there. Keep up the good work! ”

“ I love Cleveland Park Animal Hospital. Everyone is so friendly to both me and my pet. Most wonderful vet experience I’ve ever had. ”

“ All your staff has always been thorough and professional. My experience has been comforting since the staff all appear to be genuine in being animal lovers. ”


foreground
trees trees hills